In the Doctoral Program the student must complete 48 (forty-eight) credits, distributed as follows: 36 (thirty-six) credits for classes and 12 (twelve) credits for the development of the Thesis. Three subjects must be chosen from a list of 7 (seven). The definition of these 3 (three) compulsory subjects should be done in accordance with the advisor Professor. The public and presential defense of the Thesis is a necessary condition for the obtainment of the Degree of Doctor in Chemical Engineering.
The regular course has a minimum duration of 2 (two) and a maximum of 4 (four) years.
Candidates to the Doctoral Program should apply for the selective processes offered by PósENQ/UFSC in two opportunities each year. Specific public announcements are delivered for each of the two entries per year and are available at PósENQ’s website at the section “processo seletivo”. The following documents are required:
– Application form (available at the section “processo seletivo”)
– 1 (one) photo (5×7 cm) – pdf format
– Study plan (maximum 2 pages) – containing the indication of a research theme of interest (provided by the advisors), an explanation about the motivation to do research on the research theme selected by the candidate, a short report about academic and professional experience and a research proposal on the theme selected. The candidate can send up two study plans, each of which covering one of the research themes offered by the advisors.
A single document (pdf format) containing:
– Certificate of conclusion of the undergraduate and the Master’s courses.
– Report of the academic records achieved in the undergraduate and the Master’s courses.
– Curriculum Vitae.
– Proof of participation in research projects at undergraduate level (indicating the number of semesters or equivalent).
– Proof of intellectual production (first page of papers, books, chapters, etc.)
– Copy of the passport.
In addition, two reference forms must be filled and send by professionals selected by the candidate. These reference letters must be sent directly from the e-mail of the informant.
A Selection Committee designated by the Programs’ Coordination is responsible for the analysis of the documents and for the classification of the candidates in descent order, considering the total score obtained. Scholarships can be assigned for the first candidates ranked for each research theme when available.